Efficient Communication Suggestions: –
For any efficient communication following factors must be considered: –
• It is important to make worthwhile contribution to the conversation so have clear function and goal of the conversation.
• Develop effective non verbal communication skills. Proper smile, eye contact, posture, handshakes do create a positive impact.
• Make appropriate gestures with fingers and face.
• While speaking and listening making an appropriate eye contact and looking into the eyes of the individual with whom we are conversing can create a significant impact and make the interplay more profitable as it coveys curiosity and courage.
• Being assured is vital.
• Try to break down obstacles that exist in the communication process.
• Be clear and concise.
• Be firm about your opinions, views, concepts and solutions so that it can be confidently conveyed.
• Be sure that your words, gestures, facial expressions and tone match with each.
• Analyse the viewers earlier than communication.
• Conveying right message to right particular person is essential because what is critical or worthwhile to at least one particular person will not be to another.
• Develop effective probing skills by asking the precise questions.
• Take initiative yourself. Don’t wait for suppliers, customers, consumers and so on to call you. Instead call them, take the initiative to start the conversation. It helps to build healthy two way efficient communication between both the parties.
• Try to highlight critical points.
• Learn the art of dealing with troublesome conversations.
• Ensure that you give and obtain appropriate feedback.
• If the message is too prolonged, dis-organised or comprises errors it can usually be misunderstood, complicated and misinterpreted.
• Working towards good communication skin poor health on a regular basis is necessary as “Follow makes man perfect.”
In addition to the above attributes a good communicator also focuses on the following factors to enhance his/ her communication skills: –
1. Interpersonal Skills: –
• Such skills are used when engaged in face-to-face conversation with one or more persons. For efficient Interpersonal skills not only verbal communication and efficient speaking is vital but additionally our voice, on-verbal signals, gestures, facial expressions, body language, our look and active listening skills are significant.
• The advantage of having good Interpersonal skills is that it enables us to contribute effectively in teams and teams and develop into a ‘staff player’.
• It builds a robust relationship with different members of the group and leads to higher communication and building higher rapport with others.
• Good Interpersonal skills also help to reinforce our problem fixing and choice making ability.
2. Presentation skills:
o Though we could use this skill infrequently, however for any management student who intends to grow to be future business leader effective Presentation Skailing is critical.
o There will probably be instances in your life, when you have to present data to your clients, workers, consumers, trade unions, sellers, authorities staff, suppliers, agents and even total community at large.
o They’ll either be particular person or group of people in a formal or casual setting.
o Effective Presentation Skills requires good planning, preparation and practice.
3. Writing skills:
§ For any manager communication skills are not only limited to face-to-face direct verbal/ non verbal interactions with others but also good Written Communication.
§ It involves the ability to write clearly, concisely and effectively.
§ It includes avoiding grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, knowledge of formal and informal writing kinds/ strategies, knowing the significance of construction in any business letter or report.
4. Personal Skills: –
ï It emphasis on improving vanity, building self-worth, creating positive attitude, knowing anger administration and stress management methods which helps in preserve a healthy body and mind and develop positive emotions about ourselves and helps to reinforce our communication skills.
If you liked this short article and you would certainly like to obtain additional details pertaining to communication in workplace kindly go to the web-site.