Marine collagen has grow to be a magnificence buzzword these days, and some have even called it the following health superfood. Research suggests marine collagen health benefits range from weight and muscle upkeep, to bone and joint support, to promoting healthy tissue development of the hair, skin and nails.* Collagen can be an mandatory factor of the intestine’s connective tissue and will help help the protective lining of the digestive tract.* In this publish we’ll discover the unique health and sweetness benefits of marine collagen peptides.
What’s marine collagen?
Marine collagen is a pure type of hypoallergenic protein produced from the skins of fish. Fish skins remaining from meals production are utterly washed, then hydrolyzed by an acid and a meals grade enzyme to yield marine collagen peptides, which have a low molecular weight for straightforward digestion and absorption.
Although all collagen consists of the identical amino acids, marine collagen differs from bovine or porcine-derived collagen in that it contains higher quantities of the amino acids Glycine and Proline, which have been significantly associated with promoting healthy hair, skin and nails.* Marine Collagen can be absorbed into the body faster.*
Marine Collagen Benefits
Marine collagen peptides are comprised of two types of collagen, types I & III. Type I and Type III collagen benefits embrace promoting healthy hair and nail growth, improving skin elasticity and hydration, as well as supporting joint health and efficiency, bone energy and healthy body composition.
• Skin elasticity and hydration: Research have shown that oral supplementation with collagen peptides might improve hallmarks of skin getting old, comparable to elasticity and hydration.* In a single current scientific research, marine collagen peptides had been mixed with plant-derived antioxidants. Skin properties together with elasticity, sebum production, epidermal/dermal thickness and collagen density had been remarkably improved after 2 months of supplementation 1 A really useful dose of 10 grams (2 tablespoons) a day of marine collagen is optimal for skin health.*
• Healthy nail progress: One current research demonstrated that the every day ingestion of bioactive collagen peptides increased nail development and improved brittle nails in conjunction with a notable lower within the frequency of broken nails.
• Improved cellulite morphology: Dietary supplementation with specific collagen peptides has been shown to have a body mass index-dependent useful effect on cellulite morphology and appearance.
• Bone and joint assist: Although Type II collagen is more particular for joint help, hydrolyzed collagen in general is of curiosity as a potential therapeutic agent within the therapy of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis, with a strong safety profile.*
• Body composition: Compared with placebo, collagen peptide supplementation together with resistance training additional improved body composition by rising lean mass, muscle strength and fats loss in aged sarcopenic men.four Marine collagen additionally helps provide a full feeling (satiety) for consumers who’re trying to shed additional pounds, and preliminary animal research suggests it may promote healthy blood sugar balance.*
Why Choose Vital Vitamins Marine Collagen?
Vital Vitamins’ newest product, marine collagen, provides 9.4 grams of protein per serving, and eight out of 9 essential amino acids. Our hydrolyzed collagen powder incorporates no odor or model, is simple to digest, and readily dissolves in scorching or cold liquids or soft foods, comparable to coffee, smoothies, protein shakes, soups or sauces.
Our marine collagen is sourced from fish, however during the extraction process, almost all allergens are removed from the collagen. In truth, anyone with a fish allergy ought to seek the advice of their physician before using marine collagen.